Friday, May 15, 2009

What's Up With Mitt Romney?

I'm sure you all by now have seen Mitt Romney's remarks about Sarah Palin's looks. I'm not sure if it was meant a joke. Politicians need to quit making jokes. They usually backfire and cause a firestorm. Sarah Palin is definitely an incredibly beautiful woman. I don't think there can be any doubt about that. She's much more, however, than just a pretty face. Romney doesn't need to go down the same road as so many liberals. It also reminds me of those country club Republicans that turned their noses up at her.

I do wonder how much resentment is there that Sarah was picked to be on the GOP ticket in 2008. Romney definitely seemed to be a top contender for the position of John McCain's running mate. He often seemed to be campaigning for the slot. I'm not trying to demean him at all. I said in my first post that I was a Mitt Romney supporter. I had actually wanted him on the ticket with McCain. His business success in the private sector was something I found very important. I was still pleased with the selection of Sarah Palin. I do wonder though if Romney ever got over that though. Maybe Mitt feels like he got passed over for Sarah.

I'm sure that if Mitt Romney is looking at running in 2012 he knows that Sarah Palin will probably be one of his toughest opponents. She will be one of the top obstacles to him winning the nomination. There's nothing wrong if he wants to be critical of her views of the issues and so forth. I think though to make some sort of wisecrack about her being beautiful is not the way to go. There are plenty of people who poked fun at Mitt for being handsome and having great hair. I'm hoping that this was just a bad joke and not something more. Mitt is better than that. I don't want to lose my respect for Governor Romney.

This is a hilarious video done by Conservatives 4 Palin. That's actually one of my favorite blogs out there. I'm sure many of you already check it out. This video is a nice spoof on Romney. I got a kick out of it. Sorry about that, Mitt. :-)


No comments: